Job Description: The approved production chemist will be involved in day to day manufacturing and production activities of cosmetic manufacturing as per FDA and GMP guidelines.
Desired Candidate Profile: Candidates with FDA approved license as production chemist for cosmetics and preferred with previous experience in such positions
Experience Required: 4 to 7 years
Education Required: BSc Chemistry or MSc Chemistry preferraby from Mumbai university
Detailed job description inlcudes:
1. Provide expert support on formulation development and design validation testing
2. Understand, utilize and document within laboratory notebook and R&D software every batch made with details of reason for the batch, batching notes, batch specification results and other test results as applicable.
3. Demonstrate a strong understanding of the product development process and the details of each step of the process.
4. Participate in pilot and first production batches and write detailed descriptions of batching procedures to ensure batch reproducibility
5. Demonstrate knowledge of basic industry regulations related to on-going projects and engage in acquiring more knowledge regarding regulations affecting product development in international markets.
6. Investigate properties of raw material used in formulations and demonstrate progressive understanding of using these chemicals in choosing chemicals during product development via documentation in product developmental rationale.
7. Direct, coordinate, or advise personnel in test procedures for analyzing components or physical properties of materials.
8. Describe effects of various methods of processing, preserving, or packaging on composition or properties of foods.
9. Prepare test solutions, compounds, or reagents for laboratory personnel to conduct tests.
10. Maintain laboratory instruments to make sure proper working order troubleshoot malfunctions when needed.
11. Conduct quality control tests, Evaluate laboratory safety procedures to make sure compliance with standards or to make improvements as needed.