Job Title: SENIOR DIRECTOR, ADMINISTRATION & FINANCE
Organization:POPULATION SERVICES INTERNATIONAL
Reporting to: MANAGING DIRECTOR
Location: NEW DELHI
Population Services International is a registered Indian Society dedicated to the improvement of public health in India. PSI India’s mission is to empower the people of India to lead healthy lives. Over the past twenty years, PSI has collaborated with the GoI and a number of donors to increase the use of modern contraception for family planning & to provide products and services for the health of mothers and children to decrease the spread of HIV/AIDS. PSI harnesses the vitality of the private sector to address health problems of the low-income and vulnerable populations using social marketing to achieve positive behaviour change by promoting ideas, products and services conducive to better health. PSI promotes and distributes 11 health products, using commercial channels and outlets to make available quality health products at affordable prices. The basket of products includes condoms, oral contraceptives, ORS, water purification solutions; IFA tablets; clean delivery kits and pre-packaged STI treatment kit.
PSI is in the process of implementing its five year plan developed in 2008 which focuses on maximizing health impact, developing organizational capacity and strengthening its financial foundations for expanded health impact.
Reason for Hire:
Senior Director Admn & Finance will be responsible for Controller and Accounting staff, Finance, Donor Audits, IT, Administration, MIS, Central Procurement.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The Senior Director, Admin & Finance will work closely with Senior Program Directors, Senior Director Human Resources, Program Directors, General Manager (A&F); Legal Counsel to conduct the following:
· Work in collaboration with Program Directors and their state leads to establish and support suitable accounting and administrative systems and personnel in all PSI field offices and ensuring our spending’s are per donor budget allocations
· Identify and fully describe job functions and lead the recruitment, development and support of human resources to execute various tasks within the department
· Implement new and innovative approaches to making PSI, India, a great place to wor
· Provide direction and strategic leadership for organizational change and development process
· Responsible for ensuring that A&F operations complies with the Strategic Objectives and established efficiency/productivity parameters
· Lead the annual budgeting process and ownership of managerial financial information;
· Establish and/or refine and disseminate policies, systems and practices for effective management, procurement, disbursement and accounting for all financial resources
· Oversee regular, timely updating of A&F manuals
· Oversee production of correct and comprehensive monthly financial reporting
· Liaise with our HQ at Washington for training, reporting, problem-solving, systems issues and other needs as may arise
· Oversee preparation and successful conclusion of internal and external auditing activities for the MD/Board, PSI/W and for the GoI annual reporting
· Oversee accurate and timely payroll generation
· In collaboration with PSI General Counsel, minimize legal risk to the organization and engage any legal issues confronting the organization
· Oversee creation & implementation programs, A&F training, follow-up on capacity building of A&F staff
· Work with IT consultant for IT strategy & implementation and oversee IT Operations;
· Oversee procurement and administration activities are handled in a timely and economical manner
Essential Values, Behaviours and Skills
· Demonstrated ability to lead large and diverse teams in managing organizational change
· Knowledge of latest industry trends and best practices
· Highest integrity, maturity and professionalism
· Strong leadership ability, including the capacity to set and manage accountability of self and others
· Outstanding analytical, spreadsheet and accounting software skills
· Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, orally and in writing, and to make effective public presentations and be able to lead multicultural teams / represent the organisation at international platforms as well
· Ability to identify financial training needs and develop training programs, either in-house or with external assistance.
Qualification & Experience
· MBA with Finance specialty or Chartered Accountant with senior-level experience
· 10 to 15 years of progressively responsible positions in a large-scale, auditing, commercial or non-profit environment
· Demonstrated managerial experience to lead the financial team in this growing, nation-wide operation
· Experience in teaching or training in finance/accounting is highly desirable
Third Sector Partners, a leading CxO and board search firm in the Not for Profit sector, has been retained by Population Services International. Last date for application is 22nd August 2012. Interested candidates can send in their CVs with a cover note and three references to [email protected] with the subject line indicating: PSI – Senior Director Admin & Finance. Contact Dilzad at: +91 22 4349 3333. Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.